Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lago de Atitlán

Saturday:
So I woke up extremely early on Saturday to head to Lake Atitlan, which is about 2 and a half hours from Antigua. The drive was pretty easy, I slept for a lot of it and we got to get out as soon as we got to the lake to see the view. Once we got to Panajachel, we went to our hotel for a few minutes before leaving to go on a boat tour. Our first stop was San Juan and we got to walk around a bit. Then we went to San Pedro, where i found an Israeli restaurant that we went to for some food. I got shakshuka, and it made me feel sorta feel like I was back in Israel- it wasn't as good as shakshuka in Israel, but good for being in Guatemala. After that we headed back to Panajachel. I was so tired from not sleeping that much the night before, and from being in the sun all day, so when we got back I took a lovely 2 hour nap. We then all went out for dinner.

Sunday: On Sunday we went to Chichicastenango to go to the market there. It is one of the biggest markets in Guatemala. It was fun, but I was sick so it wasn't as fun. I spent a lot of money and bought a lot of presents for people, though I still have some presents to but people. The market was so incredibly crowded and people kept coming us to us asking us to buy stuff. We then headed back to Antigua and again I slept a lot of the way home. When I got back I just relaxed.
Sorry this blog post was short, it was just a relaxing weekend with not a whole lot going on.

Below is a picture of me overlooking the lake

No comments:

Post a Comment