Monday, December 27, 2010

First day teaching English

Monday:
So today I woke up not feeling too hot, so I skipped Spanish class to sleep in. I slept til a little past 9, which was great because I haven't done that yet since I've been here. So then I got up and got ready slowly which was pretty relaxing. I then headed over to Maximo, but went a different route so I could explore a little more of Antigua. I met up with Sascha and we had lunch and discussed exactly what we were going to do today in class. We then headed to the bus- this bus was so much more crowded than the old one I took. We got in through the back of the bus, which was a new experience. The bus ride wasn't too long, and the town is really pretty. It is between two volcanoes. We then waited around for about a half hour before the children showed up. Today about 5 of the younger kids showed up, they are between 8-15. We taught them body parts- their English is okay and they were eager to learn more. We also taught them head-shoulders-knees-toes, and after a little bit they were able to do it by themselves. The next group were the older kids, probably around 16. They were much more quite and there were only 2 of them. We had them ask me questions and then they wrote down the answers and then we also did body parts. Afterwards we headed back to Antigua- the bus was so crowded thought. I went to salsa afterwards, and while it was a lot of fun- I wasn't feeling the best towards the end. A bunch of us went out to dinner after to this Mexican restaurant, which was pretty good. When I got home there were two new roommates- Andrew and Shelby, both from the States and they will be here for about two weeks. They seem really nice.

Well i'm gonna get some sleep and try to get rid of this cold

Buenos Noches

No comments:

Post a Comment