Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes

Tuesday:
So today was relatively boring. I woke up to have Spanish class, but then I started feeling really crappy so I just went back home after. I had lunch, and then instead of volunteering, I just slept. I am trying to get better as fast as possible so I can enjoy my time here. I woke up feeling a bit better, but I am still not 100%. I then went to get frozen yogurt, because I have been craving that. Worcester doesn't have a frozen yogurt place and after having it all the time in Israel, I really wanted some. I then went to discuss New Years plans with people. We are going to El Salvador and going to the beach. It should be a lot of fun. I then walked back with Andrew and Shelby- my new roommates and we had dinner back at the house. We had this extremely long conversation about medicine and religion and a lot of other stuff. It was extremely interesting, and it is great to get to talk to people with other points of view.

Wednesday:
So I woke up feeling a bit better, still not 100%, but better than Tuesday. So I took my time to get ready before going to Spanish class. After Spanish I had lunch and Sacsha and I figured out what we were going to do in class. We then headed to the bus to go to Alotenango, which is where we teach English. Today we worked more on body parts. We had the kids draw monsters with certain amounts of body parts and then write sentences about them. The pictures turned out so cute. The kids are so eager to learn, there are even other kids that have asked to join the class. What is also great about teaching English, is that I am able to work on my Spanish at the same time. After that we headed back to Antigua, and stopped at the grocery store to get some saltines for my stomach. No matter how hard I try to eat good food- my stomach still decided to not like Guatemala. At least it is not terrible, and I can still function. I then went to pay the rest of the cost of going to El Salvador for New Years- we are going to El Tunco beach, it should be a good time. After that I just went home for dinner and just relaxed, and skyped with some people from home. Tomorrow I don't have to go to volunteering, so I will be going to the coffee plantation in the afternoon.

The movie at the bottom is the kids doing heads, shoulders, knees, and toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment