Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last post of 2010

Thursday:
So today I got up and went to a cafe before Spanish to do my hw and get some coffee. It was really good- it's a place called Cafe Barista and it is in the central park area. I ran into Sacsha there, so we just sat around doing our Spanish hw before class. I then had Spanish, and then headed back to my house for lunch. I've realized how amazing walking around smallish towns are. I can get most places in Antigua within 30 minutes walking, and while walking I see so many more things that I would never see if I was in a taxi or tuc-tuc. It is kinda of a blessing in disguise that there is no real bus system within Antigua. While I can take the buses elsewhere, I never take it unless I am leaving Antigua and going to my volunteer place. So after lunch, I went to Maximo to meet up with Ari and Amanda before going on a coffee plantation tour at Finca La Azotea. We also were supposed to go with Levi, but he wanted to meet us at the park and we never found him. There is a free shuttle that leaves from the park every hour to go to the coffee plantation- it is only about a 10 minute drive. One of the other people in the van is in the peace corps, and so she was telling me about it. Another person on the van is a Phd student at Northeastern and she invited me for shabbat any time that I want when back at school. The tour itself was not the best thing ever but it was relatively nice tour. We learned how coffee is made and then saw a bit of the plantation, then saw it being roasted and then that was it. Ari, Amanda, and I wanted to leave early so we tried to catch the earlier shuttle, but it turned out that ever clock at the place was at a different time, so therefore we missed it. We waited around and then went back with everyone else. I then went back to my house and started to pack to El Salvador. For dinner, Shelby, Andrew, Xuemei, Ari, Amanda, and I went to this restaurant that had authentic music and a performance. It was pretty interesting. We then walked Amanda home before proceeding back to our house, to finish packing and try to get some shut eye. We are waking up at 5:15 tomorrow, to then get picked up at 6 to head to El Salvador for New Years. It should be a good time. I will update this once I get back from my trip and once it is 2011

Buenos Noches
and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment